Magnolia Foods offers the most splendid variety of boutique wine in the area.
Our oenophiles spend countless hours each month browsing Wine Portfolios and sampling wine from as many as 10 different Wine Distributors. This allows us to have access to an extraordinary number of producers and varietals. We stock a rotating inventory of over 250 different wines from Argentina to New Zealand that range in price from under $8 to $199+. We also cellar a large number of older-vintage and highly-rated wines as well. Need an aged Shiraz or a fancy Champagne for an anniversary gift? Just ask and we will find you something special in the cellar!
While our selection is expansive, it is impossible for us to carry every wine our clients have come to love. Because of this, we are more than happy to order wine for you at no additional cost. If it is possible to get it, we will find it for you. We are also more than happy to assist with large orders for banquets, weddings, and parties.
Our All-Day Every-Day wine discounts are as follows: 10% off 6-11 bottles AND 15% off 12 or more bottles. Also keep in mind that while we specialize in boutique retail, we also have a license that allows for On-Premise consumption and we NEVER charge a corking fee. Need a fun date night idea? Browse our selection and open your selection right here in our cozy dining area or covered patio!
That’s not all! We host Monthly 4-Course Wine Dinners and other fun events such as Executive Tastings and small group Vertical/Horizontal tastings. We are also available to consult with you, privately host your group at the Shop (15-30 people), or even come to you.
Like us on Facebook and sign-up below to receive our newsletter so you can stay up to date with the many exciting events coming up!
SEE BELOW FOR UPCOMING DATES AND DETAILS!!
4/21/18 7pm: “A Taste of Spain” Private Tasting–$25/person
(Pre-Order Tasting of 9 Wines with cheese boards)
5/12/18 7pm: “Mother’s Day” 4-Course Wine Dinner–$69/person
(4-Course Meal paired with 5 wines)
5/26/18 6pm: “VIP Old Vintage” Private Tasting–$50/person
(15 Wines all aged 10+ Years from the Magnolia Cellar with Gourmet Charcuturie)
6/16/18 7pm: “Father’s Day” 4-Course Wine Dinner — $69/person
(4-Course Meal Paired with 5 Wines)
A TASTE OF SPAIN 4/21/18
Don’t miss out on a rare chance to taste 9 wines from various regions in Spain. Each of the wines is part of the Jorge Ordonez Selections Portfolio. Owners Scott and Adi and they will host Christianna Deichmann (Sommelier) from The Country Vintner to discuss the wines and assist with orders.
This is a seated and private event. We will be accepting pre-orders for all of the wines presented. Wines ordered at the tasting will be available for pickup after 3pm on Wednesday, April 25th. We will serve cheese boards but we recommend eating a meal before attending. Cost is $25/person, but the fee will be waived with any 6-bottle order. Call 434-528-5442 for reservations.
Maximum of 35 Reservations will be taken. Reservations must be made over the phone with a credit card in order to claim a spot(s). Failure to cancel within 24hrs or attend will result in your card being charged. Otherwise we ask that you pay at the end of the evening.
The below tasting list and pricing below is subject to change while we finalize the selections:
1) 2015 Vins El Cep “Kila” Cava — 88pts Wine Spectator
2) 2016 Bodegas Muga Rioja Blanco — 92pts James Suckling
3) 2016 La Cana Rias Baixas Albarino –91pts Guia Penin
4) 2010 Ramirez Piscina Gran Reserva — 90pts Wine Enthusiast
5) 2015 Teso la Monja Almirez Toro — 94pts Guia Penin
6) 2014 Bodegas Breca Garnacha — 91pts Robert Parker
7) Ordonez “Avante” Ribera del Duero — 93pts Guia Penin
8) 2014 Avancia Valdeorras Mencia — 93pts Vinous
9) 2013 Volver “Triga” Monastrell — 95pts Guia Penin
ORDER 6-11 BOTTLES AND GET 10% OFF YOUR ORDER TOTAL AND YOUR TASTING FEE WAIVED
ORDER 12+ BOTTLES AND GET 15% OFF YOUR ORDER TOTA AND TWO TASTING FEES WAIVED
VIP Old Vintage PRIVATE TASTING 5/26/18
Join us for an Extraordinary Opportunity to taste 15 10+ year-aged wines from the personal cellar of Magnolia Foods’ Owners Scott & Adi McCauley.
They will present the wine and serve gourmet meat and cheese. There is no wine to be sold at this event, it is all about celebrating Scott’s Birthday with good wine and company.
Max of 22 reservations will be accepted, $50/person. Please call to secure reservations with a credit card. You will not be charged unless you fail to attend or cancel within 48 hours of the event.
TASTING LIST BELOW!
1 0z pours, 15 wines
• 2007 Trump SP Reserve (Monticello, Virginia) – 91pts Wine Enthusiast
• 2006 Castell Sant Antoni Gran Reserva Cava (Penedes, Spain) – 91pts Robert Parker
• 2006 Pewsey Vale Riesling (Eden Valley, Australia) – 95pts Decanter
• 2000 Chateau Musar Blanc (Bekaa Valley, Lebanon) – 90pts Cellar Tracker
• 2008 Trefethen Chardonnay (Napa Valley, California) – 92pts Connoisseurs Guide
• 2006 Maison Michael Shaps Pommard 1er Cru Les Chaponnieres (Burgougne, France) – Not Rated
• 2005 La Rioja Alta Gran Reserva 904 Tinto (Rioja, Spain) – 96pts Robert Parker
• 2006 Chateau Roc de Candale Saint-Emillion Grand Cru (Bordeaux, France) – 94pts Wine Insider
• 2006 Valentiano Campo di Marzo Brunello di Montalcino (Tuscany, Italy) – 92pts Wine Enthusiast
• 2007 Lamadrid Maltide Malbec (Mendoza, Argentina) – 94pts Robert Parker
• 2004 Dancing Hares Red Blend (North Coast, California) – 94pts Robert Parker
• 2008 Zonin Amarone della Valpolicella (Veneto, Italy) – 93pts The Wine Guy
• 2005 Greenock Creek Alice’s Shiraz (Barossa Valley, Australia) – 96pts Robert Parker
• 2000 Cockburn’s Porto (Douro, Portugal) – 95pts Robert Parker
• 2007 Chateau de Myrat Sauternes Gran Cru (Bordeaux, France) – 96pts Wine Spectator
WINE DINNER DETAILS AND RESERVATION INFO:
Join us for an unforgettable evening of exquisite food paired with delectable wines. The cost of the dinner is $69/person (includes tax + gratuity). The evening begins at 7pm with a sparkling wine toast before we serve the 1st Course. The menu and wines will be posted the week before the event.
Reservations must be made with a credit card but will not be charged unless you fail to attend or cancel your reservation within 24 hours of the dinner. The featured wines will be available for retail purchase following the meal. Please call (434) 528-5442 or stop by Magnolia Foods to make you reservations.
Due to the limited number and size of tables reservations must be made in groups of 2,3,4, or 6+. This is the perfect evening for two couples to enjoy together at your own table.
Sign up or our newsletter to stay informed on new inventory!